The main purpose of the International Conference BelBI 2018 is to illuminate different aspects of bioinformation systems, from theoretical approaches to modeling different phenomena in life sciences, to information technologies necessary for analysis and understanding huge amount of data generated, to application of computer science and informatics in the domain of precision medicine, finding new remedies against debilitating diseases (like cancer and neurodegeneration) and drug development.
The conference is planned to focus on three main research fields including (but not limited to) the following topics:
Theoretical Approaches to BioInformation Systems:
- Structure and function of DNA, RNA and proteins
- Gene expression and the genetic code
- Neurons and cognition
- Biological networks
Bioinformatics and Data Mining for OMICs Data:
- Data mining methods, algorithms, and applications in life sciences and precision medicine
- Big data and data science
- Data analytics, pattern recognition and machine learning in data analysis
- Software and tools in genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, etc.
- Sequence analysis
- Predictive Models for OMICs data
- Bioinformatics databases and algorithms
will focus on information applied to or studied in the context of biomedicine:
- Translational Bioinformatics
- Disease Models & Epidemiology
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics in Healthcare
- Biomedical Imaging and Data Visualization
- Biomedical/Health database integration and management
- Biomedical data/text mining
Selected papers will be published in extenso in indexed journals in the appropriate fields.